Day 02 - 9:45 PM

Today has been a somewhat quiet-ish day in the hospital, almost relaxing. Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind, but we seem to be settling in now. I'll stay here tonight with Vanessa as she gets her next round of plasma exchange (PLEX) tomorrow morning. Assuming all is well, I'll head home tomorrow night to do some chores around the house, have dinner with Leonie., and I take some work calls from my home office on Monday morning. Monday should be similar to today as it's an off day for treatment.

Vanessa is feeling markedly better today. Her voice has been very steady all day, even now (9:40pm). On a "normal" day, her voice will start to fade, rasp, or slur a bit by late evening. The last 1-2 weeks it's been doing this by mid to late afternoon. It hasn't done it nearly at all today.

In July 2023 she was much worse than she is this trip, for sure. I remember her first night in the hospital she couldn't make it from the bed to the bathroom in the hospital, she needed assistance. Anytime she moved I was helping her. Last night she was up and moving around on her own without any struggles, very different from last July when we were here.

Thank you to all our visitors, near and far, for your continued prayers and well wishes.

In other news, respiratory just stopped by:

  • VC - 2.46
  • NIF – (-29)

 If you're curious, what is plex?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 01 - 11:15a

Day 01 - 11:35a

July 2026 - How we got here